Cooking supper for the entire family after a long working day can be tiring. With so many quick and easy recipes out there that prove to be different and special, one may soon want something that is a classic. And what better than a classic dish with pasta, chicken, and bacon. This dish has everything that you love and want. Pasta, perfectly cooked chicken, creamy sauce made with lots of cheese and garlic and Bacon. Sometimes all you need is a colourful and tasty dinner to end your day.
It will take you about an hour to follow this recipe and put up a yummy dish for 4 to 6 people.
List of ingredients:
- 1 pound chicken breasts, sliced
- 5 slices of bacon
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 ounce of baby spinach
- 4 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 ½ cups of heavy cream
- 12 ounces penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan
Spices that you need as per your taste
- Italian seasoning
- Smoked paprika
- In a skillet cook the bacon crisp on medium heat. Remove it and chop it finely. Clean the pan and keep the bacon grease aside.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the reserved bacon grease to the pan and add a couple of sliced chicken pieces to it. Season it with all the herbs as per your taste. Cook it in batches for a nice flavour. Once it is not pink anymore, set it aside and continue with the next batch.
- Now cook spinach and tomatoes in the skillet till the spinach wilts. Add garlic to this and cook for a minute.
- Add the cream and simmer the gas. Cook this mixture until it thickens. Add cheese to this and stir till the cheese melts. The sauce will start to thicken at this point.
- Finally add the penne pasta, bacon and chicken into this sauce and stir it well. Make sure the sauce is evenly spread out.
- Remove the skillet from heat and set it aside for 5-10 minutes so that the sauce is absorbed.
- You can add some more Parmesan on top along with chilli flakes and serve it for dinner.
Enjoy this delicious and super easy to make dish. It causes least amount of hassle in the kitchen. You can use turkey bacon or brown rice pasta depending on your likes.